Cooking Instructions for LÉVESQUE Toupie Ham
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F);
- Place LÉVESQUE Toupie Ham in a large pan of ovenproof dish;
- Cook for 40 minutes, frequently drizzle with a maple glaze.
- In a large saucepan, brown garlic and onion in butter over medium heat;
- In a bowl, add beer, chicken broth, maple syrup, mustard, spices and add pepper to taste;
- Mix thoroughly and bring to a boil;
- Reduce by half, then pour on ham and place dish in the oven;
- Baste ham regularly during cooking.
- 1 tbs. butter;
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced;
- 1 onion, minced;
- 1 bottle of beer, according to your taste ;
- 1 cup of chicken or beef broth;
- 2/3 cup of maple syrup;
- 3 tbs.Dijon mustard;
- Spices and ground pepper to taste*
* Choose spices that will enhance pork’s flavor, such as cinnamon, cloves, coriander, cumin, ginger, rosemary and thyme .
9 hours cooking Ham
- Brush the ham with Dijon mustard;
- Add 1 tsp. each of your 7 favorite spices;
- Place ham in a large dish and cover with water by gently pouring the water taking care not to remove the mustard.
- Bake at 275-300°F for 8 to 9 hours,
- Pork Leg Bone-in Ham
- Onions to taste
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves
- Dijon mustard
- Spices to taste
Apple & Maple flavoured Ham
- Preheat the oven to 140°C (275°F).
- Place ham in a large saucepan and half cover with water;
- Add the apple juice, half the maple syrup, half the ginger and the pepper;
- Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 30 to 40 minutes. Then transfer ham into a roasting pan;
- In a bowl, combine the remaining maple syrup, ginger and apple cider vinegar, then pour over the ham;
- Brush the ham with mustard;
- Bake for 90 minutes or until the meat thermometer reads 60°C (140°F).
Frequently baste ham during cooking. If cooking juice becomes too thick or tend to caramelize, add a little water.
- ½ ham with or without bone, about 2.5 kg (5 lbs);
- 2 cups apple juice;
- 1 cup maple syrup;
- Pepper to taste;
- Dijon mustard;
- 1 tbs. ground ginger;
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar.
Marinated Pork Roast
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F);
- Cut potatoes in fine slices;
- Place potatoes in a bakingdish like a gratin Dauphinois;
- Cut the onions into thin slices and place on the potatoes. Then add a second layer of potatoes;
- Add pepper to taste;
- Cover with broth and place the roast on the potatoes;
- Spread the butter over the roast. (This is what will make it brown.)
- Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 2 pork roasts in marinade;
- 2 kg peeled potatoes
- 4 onions
- 1L of broth (poultry or beef)
- 30g butter or goose fat
- Pepper to taste
Lemon & Ham pasta
- Bring salted water to a boil in a saucepan and cook the pasta. Drain and set aside;
- In a bowl, whisk the lemon juice and olive oil, set aside;
- Place the pasta in a large dish and add the ham, olives, lemon zest, stir to mix.
- Serve warm.
- Add parmesan and parsley to taste. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- 2 packets of sliced LÉVESQUE Ham, cut into cubes or strips;
- ¼ cup lemon juice;
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil;
- ½ cup sliced black olives (optional);
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional);
- Grated zest of 2 lemons;
- 1 can (500g) spaghetti or pasta of your choice;
- Grated Parmesan (optional);